Download the complete regulation REGULATION
The race is open to:
- Every F.C.I, U.I.S.P. members and to the Sports Promotion Bodies that have signed the agreement with the F.C.I. for the 2022 and that has 17 (seventeen) years old for both genders, in possession of a medical certificate for the practice of competitive cycling
- Foreign cyclists holding a UCI license valid for 2022, released by their own National Cycling Federation, subject to the presentation of the ethical certification in English and the certificate of suitability drawn up according to “E” model. Foreign cyclists who are not in possession of the UCI license, must submit, before the departure of the race, in addition to the ethical certification in English, a medical certificate guaranteeing the status of appropriateness for the
participation in a competitive cycling event drafted according to the “E” model, and activate the day card (see art. 10 of this regulation). This certificate must not be older than one year from the date of registration for the event.
- Professional cyclists are not admitted to the event. They are exclusively admitted for promotional purposes and after an invitation by the Organizing Committee. They will not be able to participate in any way in the placement.
- Minors from the age of 17 (seventeen) and those who have exceeded 65 (sixty-five) in possession of a medical certificate for competitive activity are exclusively allowed to participate in the Mediofondo race (115 km).
The event is by invitation, so the Organizing Committee could decide to accept or not accept the registration or exclude a member from the event at any time. The choice can’t be negotiated because of its unquestionable judgment. Minors must submit the "Consent form for minors" undersigned by a parent or guardian reachable on the website of the event. Cyclists not properly registered will not be able to join the groups, with the immediate expulsion. If they cause a damage or an accident that involves one or more properly registered athletes, they will be reported in accordance to the law.
The participation to the event is subject to the following requisite:
- For athletes members of the FCI or the Sports Promotion Body: a certificate of suitability for competitive cycling (other certificates for any other sports like triathlon, duathlon, athletics, etc. are not valid);
- For Italian residents but not members of the FCI or Sports Promotion Bodies: a certificate of suitability for the practice of sports with an high cardiovascular commitment (as D.M. of 24.04.2013) - as downloadable model;
- For foreign residents: a certificate of suitability to participate in competitive cycling competitions that can be released by a doctor of their own country of residence - as downloadable model (or equivalent);
The possession of a sport card may be considered as an alternative to the verification of the ownership of a regular and appropriate certificate only if the card is a sport card that brings the Data Health logo together with the expiry date of the certificate of suitability for competitive cycling.
Checks by the competition judges about the correct possession of an appropriate certificate by the participants in the competition may be occur in the following ways:
- Verification of the FCI card with its Data Health logo and expiry date compatible with the race;
- Verification through the possible QR code-DH;
- Verification by direct inspection of the physical copy of the certificate required for the the race.
The event is by invitation and the Organizing Committee could decide at any time whether to accept an application or exclude a participant if the Committee thinks he/she could damage the event’s image.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: you can fill the online registration on the ENDU website at https://shop.endu.net/......... until 12.00 (CET) of Friday, 15th July. With the registration the competitor declares to be in possession of the medical certificate according to the D.M. of 18/02/82; to be in possession of regular membership card to the Italian Cycling Federation or to a sport promotion body (EPS) valid for the 2022; to have read and to fully accept this Regulation.
Please note: the registration will be considered valid only when it will be uploaded on the ENDU portal the membership card and the 2022 Competitive Medical Certificate.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: the deadline for online registrations for the European Championship is on Friday, July 15th at 12.00 (CET).
On Friday, 15th of July, from 17:00 to 21:00 and on Saturday, 16th of July, from 9:00 to 20:30 you can register directly at the ENDU point at Piazza della Vittoria (bike village), with the membership card and the medical competitive certificate for 2022, ONLY FOR THE GRANFONDO MATILDICA. This deadline may change in the event of reaching the maximum quota of 2500 members or due to the decisions of the Organizing Committee for operational needs or for the security of participants.
the GRANFONDO MATILDICA recognizes the following categories:
Elite Sport 19/29 years old
Master 1 30/34 years old
Master 2 35/39 years old
Master 3 40/44 years old
Master 4 45/49 years old
Master 5 50/54 years old
Master 6 55/59 years old
Master 7 60/64 years old
Master 8 65 years old and over
Master Women 1 19/39 years old
Master Women 2 40/49 years old
Master Women 3 50 years old and over
Please note: for minors from 17 years old and 18 years old (who has 18 years old on the 17th of July 2022) there isn’t the admission in the final charts as per the categories mentioned above.
The participation fee includes the supply of the following services/goods: celebration gadget of the event, race number, mechanical assistance on the route (not including spare bike parts), supplies, health care during the race, free gifts, rescue in case of abandonment, water refreshment at the arrival, pasta party, shower, massage service after the race.
The cost of the registration to the event is:
€ 45,00 by the 28th of February 2022 and up to a the first 500 racing bibs
€ 55,00 by the 15th of March 2022
€ 65,00 by the 15th of June 2022
€ 75,00 by the 15th of July 2022
€ 80,00 on site on the 16th of July 2022, ONLY for the registration to THE GRANFONDO MATILDICA.
There is a reduced fee for "non-competitors" of €20 for those who register online on the ENDU portal at https://shop.endu.net/........ until 12.00 on Friday, the 15 th of July, and € 29 for those who register on site on Saturday 16 th of July. The reduced fee does not include the celebratory gadget of the event. It is possible to get the celebratory gadget at the price of € 30.00. Please refer to the specific regulation "Granfondo Matildica 2022 - cycle tourism".
In agreement with the UCI rules, for the competitions inserted in the international calendar of UCI circuit, you can find hereafter the composition of the starting grids:
Grid 1 Women
Grid 2 Men
a. Men 19-34 years old
b. Master 2 35-39 years old
c. Master 3 40-44 years old
d. Master 4 45-49 years old
e. Master 5 50-54 years old
f. Master 6 55-59 years old
g. Master 7 60-64 years old
h. Master 8 65 years old and over
The 1801 Green grid is for “non-competitors” and e-bike
The check of the membership cards to a sport body, the delivery of the number and of the race package will take place on Friday, the 15th of July from 17:00 to 21:00 (CET), and on Saturday, the 16th of July from 9:00 to 20:30 (CET) and on Sunday, the 17th of July from 6:00 to 6:30 (CET) at the secretaryship of the event in Piazza della Vittoria (bike village), with a badge and a 2022 competitive medical certificate.
Please note: it is mandatory to show the original 2022 card (it is mandatory also for groups) otherwise the race package will be delivered without race bib.
It will be realized by an Official Timer MySDAM with a technology based on the use of a “chip”. Each participant will must be in possession of a valid personal chip otherwise of a daily chip that they can rent.
Information and conditions on the use of the chips are published on the MySDAM website at www.mysdam.net/info-chip.do
Chips that can be used: a. My SDAM personal A-CHIP (round shape and green colour) with "Cycling and MTB 2022". b. CHAMPIONCHIP personal YELLOW CHIP (round shape and yellow colour). c. MYSDAM DAILY CHIP for rent (available for 5 €)
Please note: the failed or the incorrect use of the chip will have as a result the expulsion from the ranking and the non-attribution of the time taken.
The cyclists shall arrive at Piazza della Vittoria - Reggio Emilia by 7:30 (CET), official start time. Cyclist that arrive after 14:30 (CET) will not be in the ranking.
The results will be displayed in Piazza della Vittoria - Reggio Emilia, close to "Punto SDAM". The placements will be published later on the website www.granfondomatildica.it. After crossing the finishing line, participants must go to SDAM checkpoint to return the chip previously rented.
FIRST ABSOLUTE THREE UEC EUROPEAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
GRANFONDO men and women classified by category ( Technical Guide UEC 2022)
MEDIOFONDO men and women classified by category ( UEC Technical Guide 2022)
THE OFFICIAL PLACEMENTS OF THE GRANFONDO MATILDICA WILL BE THE FOLLOWING ONES:
the top 3 male and female absolute classified in the two courses,
the first 3 competitors of each category, according to time taken in real time
the 5 Cycling Clubs with the highest number of members.
The award ceremony of Mediofondo will take place from 12.00 (CET), and the one of Granfondo from 13.30 (CET), the clubs will be awarded to follow. The prizes will be given exclusively to the competitors that partecipate at the award ceremony.
CRONOSCALATA DEL "SORRISO" MICHELE SCARPONI (arrival at the monument Michele Scarponi - Canossa): the top 3 classified men non-Italian nationality will be awarded, the top 5 classified women non-Italian nationality.
Telephone: +393280025840 Roberto, +393487471686 Marco, +3905221751253 registration email: firstname.lastname@example.org
via Antonio Marro 2
42122 Reggio Emilia RE
© 2022 A.S.D. Cooperatori